ITANAGAR: At least 19 houses were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a village in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh on Friday morning, police said.
No casualty was reported.
The blaze originated from a house in Millang village at around 8.20 AM when its owner was drying millet near a fireplace.
Properties worth over 1 crore were damaged as fire tenders from district headquarter Yingkiong could not reach the spot on time due to narrow and bad road of the village, Superintendent of Police Neelam Nega said.
Upper Siang DC Tapir Pada has paid 5,000 each to all the 19 families as immediate relief and directed the officials concerned to ascertain the extent of damage.