Bijapur: Encounter between police and Naxal, body of Naxal recovered
A body of a Naxal was recovered following the encounter that ensued between the District Reserve Guard (DRG) and Naxalites here on Saturday morning.
During the search operation, a .315 bore rifle has also been recovered.
"Acting on the specific input about Naxal movement near Punnur a DRG team left for operations from Awapalli. The exchange of fire took place around 8.30 -9 am between the Naxal and DRG party near Punnur, 6 Kilometer northeast of Awapalli," said P Sundarraj, DIG Anti Naxal Operations.
The search operation is going on.
- In a setback to NCP ahead of polls, Shivaji's descendant Udayanraje joins BJP
- Jammu-Kashmir: Normal life remains affected in valley
- Necessary to have unifying language to keep 'foreign languages' from finding place in India: Amit Shah
- Odd-Even scheme too little, too late: Environmentalist
- Those who vandalised Gandhi statue are cowards: Priyanka Gandhi on Jalaun incident