UP and Bihar flood claims 151 lives, more rain forecast
- At least 111 people have died in Uttar Pradesh, while 40 deaths have been reported from Bihar.
- Bihar has recorded 370 mm rain between Saturday and Monday morning, with Patna alone receiving 91 mm rain in 24 hours.
- Several regions of Easter UP experienced rain or thundershowers and lightning. The regions include Agra, Firozabad, Etawah, Auraiya, Jalaun, Kannauj, Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur Nagar, Unnao, Bijnor and its adjoining areas.
- Chief Justice Gogoi had postponed the hearing related to the issue on September 30th but a 5-judge bench will hear all the petitions today.
- Justices NV Ramana, Sanjay Kishan Kaul, R Subhash Reddy, Bhushan Gavai and Surya Kant are part of the “Kashmir Bench”.
- The petitions are related to the revocation of special status of J&K and media and communication blockade since the decision.
- Indian Meteorologist Department said that the monsoon season has official ended and the country recorded its highest rainfall since 1994.
- The department said the monsoon remains active in some parts of the country, and its withdrawal is likely to commence from northwest India around October 10th.
- This year, the monsoon rainfall was 110% of the long period...