The Smarter way to get your business news - Subscribe to BloombergQuint on WhatsApp
Indian equity benchmarks on Thursday clocked their biggest single-day drop since Oct. 11 ahead of outcome of state elections amid a global market selloff.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 1.6 percent or 572 points to 35,312 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index dropped 1.7 percent or 182 points to 10,601.Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved strategic sale of 52.63 percent stake in REC Ltd. to PFC Ltd. along with management control. He expected the deal to be completed by the end of the financial year. A Government official said with PFC buying government’s stake in REC, Government’s divestment receipts will reach around Rs 53,000 crore to Rs 54,000 crore.
- Lupin’s Canada arm received an approval from Health Canada for Zaxine drug used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. The drug will be launched in December under strategic licensing agreement with Salix Pharma. The agreement grants Lupin exclusive rights to promote, distribute and market Zaxine in Canada.
- Government sold 2.21 percent equity shares of Coal India Ltd. worth Rs 3,300 crore to Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management as the asset management company of the CPSE ETF mutual fund scheme. With this sale, Government’s holding in Coal India falls from 75.13 percent to 72.92 percent of the equity paid up share capital
- Reliance Jio Infocomm board was considering restructuring and reorganizing proposals on Dec. 11.
- Jet Airways sought $350 million soft loan from Etihad. (PTI)
- Zydus Wellness said it will raise funds by issuing preference shares worth Rs 2,575 crore to Cadila Healthcare, Zydus Family Trust, Pioneer Investment Fund and True North Fund. The board also approved that NCDs worth Rs 1,500 crore will also be raised within one year from now.
- Wipro’s digital business arm announced expanded global partnership with the U.S. based ‘Alfresco’ to offer open source digital solutions.
- MPS Ltd. received intimation from ADI BPO Services for withdrawal of scheme of amalgamation of the latter company with MPS. The communication states that demerger may not be commercially viable due to legal uncertainties/risks and the current stamp duty position in Tamil Nadu post the issuance of recent circular declaring that amalgamation/ demerger schemes may be liable to stamp duty.
- Majesco said it will invest up to $35 million in U.S. unit’s right offering to fund remainder of Exaxe acquisition, pay off debt and accelerate crowd solution growth.
- Sagar Cements consolidated November cement sales up 36.3 percent at 3.15 lakh MT versus 2.31 lakh MT on a yearly on basis.
- GHI LTP sold 9.8 lakh shares (5.71 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- GHI ERP sold 1.9 lakh shares (1.09 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.0
- Gothic Corporation acquired 9.8 lakh shares (5.71 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- The Duke Endowment acquired 3.1 lakh shares (1.81 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- Gothic HSP Corporation acquired 3.1 lakh shares (1.81 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- Employees Retirement Plan Of Duke University acquired 1.9 lakh shares (1.09 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- GHI HSP sold 3.1 lakh shares (1.81 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
- GHI JBD sold 3.1 lakh shares (1.81 percent) at Rs 672.45 each.
Seshasayee Paper Boards
- GHI JBD sold 75,000 shares (0.59 percent) at Rs 1,104.75 each.
- Gothic Corporation acquired 1.6 lakh shares (1.26 percent) at Rs 1,104.75 each.
- The Duke Endowment acquired 75,000 shares (0.59 percent) at Rs 1,104.75 each.
- GHI LTP sold 1.6 lakh shares (1.26 percent) at Rs 1,104.75 each
- Wasatch International Growth Fund acquired 10.37 lakh shares (0.65 percent) at Rs 435.35 each.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority sold 10.1 lakh shares (0.64 percent) at Rs 435.26 each.
- IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited to move into ASM Framework
- Mishtann Foods, Sadhana Nitrochem price band revised to 2 percent.
- Dabur India promoter acquired 30,000 shares from Dec. 4-5.
- Alembic promoter group Nirayu acquired 1.67 lakh shares from Dec. 4-5.
- Sequent Scientific promoter Padmakumar PillaI sold 45,000 shares on Dec. 5
- Nava Bharat Ventures promoter group acquired 30,000 shares from Dec. 4-5.
- Axis Bank promoter United India Assurance sold 56,000 shares from Dec. 3-5.
- Man Infra promoter and director Parag Shah acquired 44,500 shares on Dec. 5
- Skipper Promoter acquired 43,500 shares from Dec. 4-5.
(As reported on Dec. 6)Money Market Update
- Rupee on Thursday closed at 70.90/$ versus 70.46/$ on Wednesday.
- Nifty December futures closed trading at 10,626, premium of 25 points.
- Max open interest for December series at 11,000 strike value call option (open interest at 40.9 lakh shares)
- Max open interest for December series at 10,000 strike value put option (open interest at 37.9 lakh shares)
- Nifty PCR at 1.44 from 1.63.
- Nifty Bank PCR at 0.98 from 0.75.