Valentine's Day 2020: Bengaluru man performs marriage ceremony of horse and mare [PIC]
The bride and the groom were decked up in bridal finery were heralded with traditional wedding music with nadaswaram and thavil (percussion) . The catch was that the married couple were horses.
Pro-Kannada activist and Kannada Vatal Party chairman Vatal Nagaraj performed the marriage ceremony of the two horses.
Nagaraj gave a dhoti and shirt to Raja (male horse) and a saree along with a taali (mangal sutra) to Rani (female horse).
Nagaraj has been conducting such ceremonies in the past too. Last year he had married off two sheep- Jacob and Carolyn in a similar ceremony.
The activist says he is all for love and urged anti-Valentine's Day supporters not to oppose lovers and their Valentine's Day celebration.
He also urged the Central government and the Karnataka state governments to give Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000 respectively to the "lovers to support their love" by helping them get married.
Meanwhile, sweets were distributed to all the guests who had participated in the Valentine's Day marriage ceremony today.
- Delhi Police issues traffic advisory for Arvind Kejriwal's swearing-in ceremony
- Mamata Banerjee jibe at Amit Shah over disapproval of 'goli maro' comment
- Unknown caller threatens to kill Congress leader Gursimran Singh Mand, Ludhiana MP Ravneet Bittu
- European Union envoy acknowledges Modi government's efforts to bring normalcy in Jammu & Kashmir
- Pune: 26-year-old man beaten to death by 12 passengers, including seven women over seat in train