Corona Update: Delhi Police reduces COVID-19 fund to infected personnel from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10,000
Delhi Police has reduced the amount given to Police personnel, who get infected with COVID-19 while on duty, from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10,000.
"It has been decided that the amount given to police personnel who get infected with COVID-19 while on duty be reduced to Rs 10,000 from Rs 1 lakh. This decision has been taken as Delhi Police bears hospitalisation and other expenses," the Delhi Police stated.
It further noted that the amount given to the family of police personnel who dies of COVID-19 has been increased from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
Around 250 Delhi Police personnel have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Lockdown 4.0: Here is a detailed list of restricted, permitted activities for Delhiites
- Coronavirus Update: Delhi govt issues fresh SOPs for handling of bodies of COVID-19 patients
- Bar Council of Delhi writes to Kejriwal, raises concerns over use of centralised ACs amid COVID-19 fear
- COVID-19 Lockdown: 56 pregnant nurses stranded abroad approach Delhi HC seeking facilitation of their return
- Delhi: Four more areas de-contained, total containment zones in Delhi now 77