Ayodhya Verdict Today: Security beefed up across nation; 10 points to know
The Supreme Court of India will pronounce the much-awaited verdict in the Ayodhya land dispute case at 10:30 am on Saturday. Ahead of the historic decision, security has been tightened across India. Several security forces have been deployed to ensure the safety and security of the people.
A special security arrangement has been put in place in Ayodhya. A five-judge constitutional bench led by CJI Ranjan Gogoi and includes justices SA Bobde, DY Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer.
The Constitution bench had reserved the judgment on October 16 after the marathon hearing of 40 days.
Here are some important 10 points that should know ahead of the historic decision on Ayodhya:
1. Ayodhya on high alert:
In Ayodhya, high security has been beefed up and prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been imposed which prohibits the assembly of more than 4 persons till December 10. Also, the Modi-led government has rushed in 4000 paramilitary personnel and 30 bomb squads. Besides, Dharamshala in the district have been instructed to remain close and also asked non-locals have been asked to leave the city.
2. Security tightened across India:
To maintain the decorum across the nation, security arrangements have been made in the wake of politically-sensitive Ramjanmbhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute cases.
All Indian states and UTs have deployed the forces on the streets Additional forces also imposed in sensitive areas. All jails have been put on high alert.
3. Schools, Colleges shut-in UP, other states:
Because of the verdict on sensitive issues, all schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will remain close in Uttar Pradesh, Jammu, and Kashmir, Karnataka, and Delhi on Saturday.
4. Z plus security to Chief Justice of India:
The Z+ security has been given to Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi. Also, security beefed up in and around the Supreme Court.
5. Section 144 imposed in UP, several other places:
Section 144 of CrPC has been imposed which prohibits the gathering of more than four people at a place. The prohibitory orders will also be in effect in Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal, Karnataka's Bengaluru and Rajasthan's Jaipur.
6. Liquor shops shut down in UP, J&K:
Ahead of the verdict, all liquor shops have been closed across Uttar Pradesh on November 9 and 10. Liquor sale also ban is in Bengaluru and across Jammu and Kashmir for Saturday.
7. Mobile internet services suspended in UP’s Aligarh:
All mobile services will remain suspended in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh till midnight. Meanwhile, UP DGP said internet services might get suspended in Ayodhya if required.
7. Social media under vigil:
Police personnel will monitor the social media networks for any objectionable post. All attempts have been made to ensure that no rumors will be spread against the verdict on social media.
8. Security beefed up in national capital:
Delhi Police has beefed up security across the capital. Police personnel will do the patrolling in communally sensitive areas.
9. Mumbai monitors via Camera, Drones:
The city of dreams will be monitored by the Mumbai police through 5000 cameras with their control room. Mumbai police also deploy drone units as per the situation.
Apart from the 40,000 strong Mumbai Police, RCP (Riot Control Police), law and order reserves, special forces like SRPF, RAF have also been deployed at strategic locations.
- Ayodhya judgment: Everyone's responsibility to maintain unity, social harmony says, Priyanka Gandhi
- Ayodhya verdict: KSRTC directs senior officials to maintain close liaison with police
- Ayodhya Verdict Today: A timeline of Ramjanbhommi-Babri Masjid land dispute
- Ayodhya Verdict Today: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's audio message before the judgment
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh reviews law and order situation, urges all to remain calm