DRDO testfires land-attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
DRDO on Monday successfully test fired the land-attack version of 290 km strike range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile off the coast of Odisha.
The BrahMos missile test-fired today has been fitted with increased indigenous equipment and is a version used by the Indian Army, Defence sources said here.
BrahMos is a supersonic cruise missile operated by all the three services of the armed forces in different roles and different versions.
The BrahMos is a joint venture between India and Russia in which DRDO has been working hard to increase the indigenous content to cut down on the import costs.
- Google turns 21, marks birthday with special doodle
- Vikram had hard landing, NASA releases high-resolution images of Chandrayaan 2 landing site
- Chandrayaan 2 latest update: ‘Orbiter performing very well’, says K Sivan
- Chandrayaan 2 a learning experience: NASA engineer
- Planned for six months, India's Mars mission Mangalyaan completes five years