Indore: 5-year-old girl found dead in dilapidated building, rape suspected
A five-year-old girl, who was sleeping with her parents under a bridge in Mhow and later went missing, was found dead in an abandoned building on Monday.
According to Mhow police station in-charge Abhay Nema, the girl was sleeping under the bridge with her parents who are beggars. She was found missing the next morning.
After a complaint was lodged by parents, the police reached the spot and started search operation for the girl.
Hours later, the girl's body was found in a dilapidated building.
The body has been sent for post-mortem after it was identified by the deceased's parents.
"It is suspected to be a case of abduction and rape. We will clear that after receiving the reports of post-mortem," Nema said.
Prima facie, the girl was found strangled to death by the unknown accused.
A case has been registered against the accused and five teams have been formed to ascertain the identity of the accused and arrest him.
- Rainfall Alert: Squally weather likely to prevail Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep
- Tamil Nadu: 15 dead after wall collapses in Mettupalayam
- Sub-lieutenant Shivangi becomes first woman pilot for Indian Navy, joins operations
- Ayodhya Judgment: I'd request all to think over filing review petition, says Sri Sri
- This kid all set to become youngest person to appear in Class 10 Board exams in Assam