Mumbai: Man stabs wife to death on suspicion of extramarital relationship
In a shocking incident reported from suburban Kandivali, a man allegedly stabbed his wife to death at their house on the suspicion that she was in an extra-marital affair with someone, police said on Sunday. The incident took place at Krani Nagar area on Saturday and the accused, identified as Mahesh Soni (51) has been taken into police custody.
"The relationship between Soni and his wife was strained. He suspected that she was in an extra-marital relationship. They used to frequently argue over the issue," police said.
After a heated altercation between the two on Saturday afternoon, their children tried to solve the matter. However, the accused took a knife and stabbed the victim several times on her chest, face and neck, he said.
The neighbours came running to the crime spot and rushed the victim to a hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival, police said.
A murder case has been lodged against the accused.
- Delhi HC issues notice: Ensure right to die with dignity for Covid-19 causalities, increase number of crematoriums, burial sites
- Arvind Kejriwal announces free ration for 2 months, Rs 5,000 to each autorickshaw drivers
- BJP MP asks Mamata to stop violence in WB, warns TMC leaders will be treated similarly when they visit UP, Bihar
- COVID-19: Bihar govt announces lockdown till May 15
- Amit Shah, JP Nadda condole Jagmohan's demise: 'Impeccable administrator and distinguished scholar'