Noida Metro Station Shocker: Woman held with revolver, 'partner kept it in her purse'
A woman was held at a Blue Line metro station here after the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) found a revolver from her purse during the security check, officials said on Wednesday.
The woman works with a private TV news channel, was held around 10 pm from Noida Sector 62 metro station and handed over to the police by the CISF, they said.
Partner kept in purse: woman
"A revolver was found from her purse. She told the police that it belonged to her partner who has its license. She said he had put it in her purse but she forgot to remove it before leaving the house," a police official said.
An FIR was registered at the Sector 58 police station, the official added.
The accused woman was produced before a local court on Wednesday which has remanded her in judicial custody, according to the police.
The Blue Line of the Delhi Metro connects Noida Electronic City and Dwarka in Delhi.
- Mamata Banerjee: Not implementing stiff fines for traffic violations, amended Motor Vehicle Act very harsh
- Motor Vehicle Act: Odisha govt asks police to ensure vehicle owners are not "unnecessary harassed"
- Ayodhya case: SC to hear plea seeking live-streaming of proceedings on September 16
- Nitin Gadkari on Motor Vehicle Act: Govt's intention is to save lives, not to earn revenue through fines
- Some people feel that 'OM' and 'Cow' will take country back to 16th century: PM Modi