Punjab Crime: Son kills 50-year-old father as he refuses to give money for drugs
A shocking case has come to light from Punjab’s Mundi Kharar village where a drug-addicted son killed his father for money on Thursday. The local police have arrested the accused and he will be produced in a court on Friday, media reported.
The victim identified as Hans Raj (50), a labourer, who was living in Mundi Kharar with his four children, two sons, and two daughters. However, his wife had died a few years back.
The deceased was living with his two sons and both of his daughters got married. The 50-year-old man was the only earning member of the family.
According to the reports of Indian Express, Kharar Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Pal Singh said that Rinku, the accused, is a drug addict and was asking money from his father for drugs which led to arguments between the two. Raj refused to give money to his son as he didn’t have money for drugs.
After denial, Rinku attacked his father with bricks on his head and he died on the spot owing to severe head injuries. According to the reports of the Hindustan Times, the accused was under the influence of drugs when he killed his father.
The DSP said that Rinku’s assault crushed the victim's head completely and it was not easy to identify him.
A complaint was filed by Sonu, Raj’s other son, at the Kharar Police Station and the accused has been booked under Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal code (IPC).
- Valentine's Day 2020: Bengaluru man performs marriage ceremony of horse and mare [PIC]
- Delhi Police issues traffic advisory for Arvind Kejriwal's swearing-in ceremony
- Mamata Banerjee jibe at Amit Shah over disapproval of 'goli maro' comment
- Unknown caller threatens to kill Congress leader Gursimran Singh Mand, Ludhiana MP Ravneet Bittu
- European Union envoy acknowledges Modi government's efforts to bring normalcy in Jammu & Kashmir