PV Sindhu becomes first Indian to win gold in World Championships
Indian shuttler PV Sindhu became the first Indian to win a gold medal in World Championships. Sindhu beat Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara 21-7, 21-7 to win the marquee tournament. World number five Sindhu reached her third consecutive final this year and bettered her record by winning it.
Prakash Padukone was the first-ever Indian to win a medal in World Championships when he won a bronze in 1983 men’s singles. Sai Praneeth became the second Indian men’s player to win a medal in World Championships after he won a bronze in 2019.
Sindhu took complete control of the game from the opening set as she clinched eight consecutive points. In the second set, she took seven consecutive points to make the final look like a cakewalk. With the historic victory, the 2016 Rio Olympics silver medallist Sindhu leads the head-to-head battle against Okuhara 8-7.
- The war of bouncers between England and Australia saw Ben Stokes' helmet break into pieces
- England on verge of creating history if they achieve this in third Test against Australia
- MS Dhoni spotted in Jaipur in all-new avatar after his stint with Indian Army over: Viral Video
- Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane break Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly's record
- 'If you pick big player like Rohit Sharma you show some respect,' Azharuddin targets Virat Kohli