Smriti Mandhana made her debut on Chahal TV, talks about the reason behind her No. 18 jersey
Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana made her debut in the most watched show of cricket world ‘Chahal TV’. The show is hosted by Indian spinner Yuzvendra Chahal and famous cricketers like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Shubman Gill have already appeared on it before.
On the show, Mandhana talked about the reason behind her jersey number 18. Mandhana said she wanted number 7 as it was her school roll number but it wasn’t available at that time so she was offered number 18 as she celebrates July 18 as her birthday.
Mandhana also joked about taking batting tips from Yuzvendra Chahal, who top-scored with his 18 not-out knock in the fourth ODI against New Zealand. “Took a lot of inspiration after seeing your batting in the fourth match. I realised I have to take inspiration and improve (laughs),” she said.
Mandhana recently won the ICC Women’s player of the year award and has now gone up to the top of the ICC Women’s ODI batting rankings.
- Virat Kohli might be a good leader but he is not a good captain, says this Australian legend
- Former Indian cricketer and DDCA selector attacked with iron rods and hockey sticks, admitted to hospital
- Viral Video! Indian cricketer collapsed on-field after being hit by ball on face ahead of India-Australia series
- From Black Money to Pink Jersey, here's how IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals has changed since 2015
- Indian troll abusing Pakistan gets hard from Windies player Darren Sammy, ex-captain said, 'get off my Instagram'