Uttar Pradesh: Bike-borne miscreants kill 22-yr-old man after robbing him of Rs 60,000
A 22-year-old man was shot dead by two unidentified miscreants who also looted Rs 60,000 from him here in Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday when Deepak (22), along with his father Ram Kumar, was returning home after withdrawing money from a bank, they added.
The armed miscreants, who came on a motorcycle, intercepted the victim and his father near Inderghar village under the Thana Bhawan police station limits, Station House Officer (SHO) Sandeep Baltan said, adding that they looted Rs 60,000 from the father-son duo and when Deepak attempted to resist their move, they shot him dead.
A case had been registered in connection with the incident, the SHO said, adding that efforts were on to identify the culprits on the basis of the CCTV footage collected from the area.
- Mumbai: Over 100 sanitary pad vending machines to be installed for women police officers
- BJP may revive 'Operation Kamala' post LS polls, but it will not succeed: Siddaramaiah
- Watch: BSP’s Guddu Pandit abuses Raj Babbar’s, calls his supporters ‘dogs’; vows to thrash him with shoe
- No order issued for cancellation of Lok Sabha polls in Vellore: ECI
- Jammu-Kashmir: Blast in Srinagar's Anchar area injures five civilians