Watch: ISRO successfully launches Communication satellite GSAT-7A On-Board GSLV-F11 in Sriharikota
ISRO has successfully launched Communication satellite GSAT-7A on-board GSLV-F11 at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. GSLV-F11 carrying 2,250-kilogram GSAT-7A was launched on Wednesday from the second launch pad at the spaceport of Sriharikota, situated about 110-kilometres from the region.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) built mission life of the GSAT-7A is years that will provide communication capability to users in Ku-band over the Indian region, the space agency said.
ISRO made a statement on Wednesday that read, “The 26-hour countdown has commenced at 2:10 PM (IST) for the launch of communication satellite GSAT-7A onboard GSLV-F11 at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.”
As per reports, It will be placed by the rocket into a geosynchronous transfer orbit (GTO) at 170 km x 35,000 km. It will then perform orbital manoeuvres for a few days to raise itself to a geostationary orbit (GEO), which will be its final orbiting position at 35,786 km.
- India 4th highest emitter of CO2: Study
- Proud moment! India’s heaviest satellite that will boost broadband services in the country launched successfully; see video
- Wow! This heaviest satellite of ISRO will enhance the speed of the internet and bridge the digital divide in India
- Watch: ISRO successfully launches HysIS satellite, 30 others with a PSLV-C43 rocket from Satish Dhawan Space Centre
- ISRO to launch an earth observation satellite today from Satish Dhawan Space Centre; know some important details