Top News
Next Story
NewsPoint

Elon Musk says 'still committed', hours after putting Twitter deal on hold

Send Push
The Economic Times
14th May, 2022 10:05 IST

New Delhi: Hours after putting the $44 billion deal to acquire microblogging site Twitter temporarily on hold, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that he is still “committed” to the acquisition.


Musk on Friday said the deal to take over Twitter is 'on hold' till there's some clarity on whether spam or fake accounts represent less than 5% of the microblogging site.

"Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users," Musk tweeted referring to a regulatory filing by Twitter.

The microblogging site said in its latest quarterly results "that the average of false or spam accounts during the first quarter of 2022 represented fewer than 5% of our monthly daily active users during the quarter."

Musk's efforts to reform Twitter have included fighting fake and spam accounts. He said in a statement announcing his deal to buy Twitter last month that he wanted to fight spam bots, authenticate all humans, and open source the company's algorithms.

Explore more on Newspoint
Loving Newspoint? Download the app now