Choosing your career is an important step because your future is at stake. It is generally observed that a large section of students are unaware of what they want to achieve in life. This amounts to a situation like boarding a train without knowing one's destination. Undoubtedly it may result in waste of precious time as well as money.
This underscores the need for setting a meaningful and attainable goal. In taking such a decision one must keep in mind one's qualification, interests, knowledge, experience, if any, attitude, potentialities, and existing trends in the job market. Knowing your weakness and strength enables you to set a meaningful and attainable goal. Here the guidelines may prove useful in making your career a success.
1. While academic merit is generally pivotal in making an entry into any career an individual's level of understanding, his application of knowledge and professional training are necessary. Personality and even one's outlook towards life is general and career, in particular, plays a significant role in ensuring continuous progress.
2. Success in your career in the new millennium nacessitates firm commitment, vision, managerial ability to solve problem at your place of work and continuous upgradation of professional skills in your field. This is besides competitive score in examination results and hard work.
3. To think and act big is indispensable to rise rapidly in your career.
4. Whatever be your choice, it is necessary to identify and explore the opportunities that are available.
5. To innovate and create opportunities for your career enhancement is also necessary