Palak Corn also known as Makai Palak is a healthy and tasty Indian curry made from Palak (Spinach) and sweet corn kernels.
250 gm Spinach (Palak)
1 Cup Boiled Corn Kernels
1 Medium Sized Onion
2 Large Tomatoes
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Inch Piece of Ginger
1-2 Green Chillies
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
1 Tablespoon Oil or Ghee
* Wash the Palak (Spinach Leaves) and boil them in water for 5 minutes. Let the Spinach cool down a little and make a smooth puree in a blender.
* Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a pan and add 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera) in it. Fry them for a few seconds till they start to crackle
* Add 1 finely chopped onion and 1-2 green chillies along with ginger-garlic paste. Saute the onions for a minute till they turn golden brown in color.
* Make a puree of 2 large tomatoes and fry till them for 2-3 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked.
* Add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala and Salt. Mix everything well and cook the gravy for 2 minutes till it starts to leave oil on the sides.
* Add the Spinach puree to the onion tomato gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Then add around 1/2 Cup Water to adjust the consistency of the gravy. You can add more water to make it thinner if you want to eat it with Rice. Boil the gravy for a couple of minutes.
* Add boiled sweet corn kernels to the gravy and mix well. Then cover and cook for 2 minutes.
* Palak Corn is ready. Serve it hot along with any Indian Bread or Rice.