Gopalkala is a beaten rice recipe mixed with curd, pomegranate and cucumber. Gopalkala is a prashad recipe that is specially made on Krishna Janmashtami.
1 cup Poha (Flattened rice)
1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
1/4 cup Cucumber, finely chopped
1/4 cup Fresh coconut, scraped
1/4 cup Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 teaspoon Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Ghee
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
5 Curry leaves, finely chopped
Salt, to taste
* To prepare Gopalkala Recipe (Curd Poha With Fruits), wash the Poha under running water and allow to drain in a colander. (You can keep the colander on a fitting vessel.
* In a big mixing bowl, take this drained Poha and mix with chopped cucumber, grated Coconut, pomegranate seeds, curd, salt and sugar.
* Heat a tadka pan on medium heat and melt the ghee.
* Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, peanuts and chopped green chilies.
* Stir fry for a minute and pour this tempering over the Poha and mix well.
* Served Gopalkala Recipe for breakfast or as an afterschool snack for kids or for breakfast.