History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.
Cottage Cheese 250 grams
White Sesame Seeds, Black Sesame Seeds for coating 2 tablespoons
Black sesame seeds for coating 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala 1/2 tsp + for sprink
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp + ½
Salt to taste
Refined flour (maida) 1 cup + 2
Semolina (suji/rawa) 3 tablespoons
Oil for shallow frying
* Cut cottage cheese into finger sized pieces and place them in a plate. Sprinkle 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, kasoori methi, chaat masala, ½ tsp ginger- garlic paste, salt and mix well.
* In a bowl, mix together 1 cup refined flour, 2 tbsp semolina, remaining ginger-garlic paste, remaining red chilli powder, remaining garam masala powder, salt and water as required to make a thick batter.
* Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
* Spread black and white sesame seeds, remaining semolina and remaining refined flour in a plate.
* Dip the cottage cheese fingers in the batter, coat them with the sesame seeds mixture.
* Place them in the pan and cook, turning sides, till evenly golden on all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle some chaat masala.
* Place some lemon and onion slices on a serving plate. Arrange the cottage cheese fingers on the plate and serve hot.