If you are a mango lover, then I’m sure you’ll fall in love with this lip-smackingly delicious Mango Kulfi recipe! This lusciously creamy dessert is made with pantry/fridge staples and studded with lots of pistachios and almonds.
It’s rich and irresistible texture will remind you of the authentic tastes from your childhood – the Indian Matka kulfi!One of my favorite things about this time of the year is that mangoes are in abundance.
Supermarkets are flooded with different varieties of mangoes, and I am going to take full advantage of the mango season and prepare mango kulfi.
Once you try these homemade mango Kulfi, you will never go back to the store-bought ones that are packed with so many un-pronounced ingredients and additives.
4 cups Full fat milk
2¼ cup Milk Powder
1½ tablespoons Cornstarch dissolved in milk
3 tablespoons Chopped nuts
1 teaspoon Eliachi Powder (Cardamon Powder)
1 teaspoon Mango Essence
14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk
2 cups Mango Puree canned
* Add milk to a heavy-bottomed pan and let it simmer on a low flame.
* Meanwhile, prepare cornstarch slurry. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons milk in a bowl. Mix until smooth and lump-free.
* Pour this cornstarch slurry into the milk. Mix until blended.
When the milk begins to foam up, stir with a spatula.
* Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and stir in milk powder.
* Whisk until well blended, and no lumps remain.
* Pour in condensed milk and mango essence. Mix until just combined.
* Add chopped dry nuts and eliachi powder. Mix to combine.
* Take the kulfi mixture off the flame. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
* After the rest time is over, gently fold in mango puree into the kulfi mixture.
* Whisk until fully incorporated.
* Pour mango kulfi in the molds.
* Freeze until set.