When you roast them it adds depth and delicious flavor, and they finish with the perfect texture. This has been one of my go-to lunches lately, just a bowl of quinoa topped with lemon spritzed roasted veggies. So good!
2 medium bell peppers cored, chopped into 1-inch pieces (I used 1 red 1 yellow)
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
1 small zucchini, end trimmed, sliced through the length then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium broccoli crown, cut into small florets (reserve stem for another use)
1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Place bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and red onion on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet*
* Drizzle with olive oil (broccoli needs a little more than the other veggies), sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
* Spread into an even layer, roast in preheated oven 15 minutes.
* Remove and toss in tomatoes, return to oven and roast 10 minutes longer.
* Drizzle with lemon and serve warm.