All I really want to say about these little chocolate bombs is that they are delicious, truly decadent and are so easy to make. And you get covered in chocolate (which is no bad thing, I assure you).
I’ve tried so many times to make little gift boxes of these for friends but they never quite make it. Sorry. They are so easy to munch on, with a coffee, without a coffee, after dinner, elevenses, a pre-dinner treat even breakfast. Honestly, try them and you’ll see what I mean. Then send me some because I’ve eaten all mine.
250g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
125ml double cream
1 dried chilli
1 pinch of sea salt
50g good-quality cocoa powder
pinch of chilli powder
- Break up the chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream with the dried chilli until just boiling. Remove from the heat, discard the chilli and add the butter.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and add a pinch of chilli powder.
- Stir to melt the chocolate then let it sit and stir again. Once it has all melted leave it to cool then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until it has set for about an hour.
- Put the cocoa in bowl for rolling.
- Scoop out teaspoons of the set truffle mixture and roll them in your hands to make a ball.
- Coat them with the cocoa.
- Put them in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.