These Homemade French Fries are truly the best, crispiest fries you will ever make at home. The secret is my special batter that is packed with flavor and gives these fries a golden brown crispy outside while keeping the inside warm, fluffy and delicious.
4 medium russet potatoes
1 cup flour
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper more to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
1/2 cup oil avocado or olive
- Peel and rinse potatoes. Slice into sticks – aim for 1/4" or smaller to get a crispier fry. Transfer sliced potatoes to a large bowl and cover with cold water.
- Let the potatoes soak for at least 10 minutes. You can soak longer, but don't soak for longer than 24 hours.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a clean dry towel. Dry each slice removing as much water as you can. The dryer to get them, the more crispy they will be.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and water. Add the potato sticks to the mixture and stir well to make sure they are all coated.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- In batches, remove potato sticks from the batter bowl with tongs, and place each stick in your heated pan making sure they aren't touching each other.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Use a wooden spoon or tongs to flip the fries over.
- Cook on both sides and then remove to a cooling rack with a paper towel on top of it.
- Sprinkle with more salt and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
You may also like
Chinese commerce minister holds talks with Apple boss Tim Cook
Apple enjoys 'symbiotic' relationship with China, says CEO Tim Cook
Apple CEO Tim Cook stresses ties With China at Beijing event
Thomas Cook India & SOTC Travel partner with LTIMindtree to launch 'Green Carpet'
Ambani's cook Salary: OMG! The salary of Mukesh-Nita Ambani's cook is so much, you will be shocked to know!