Jump on the veggies-for-breakfast train! Sweet and fluffy Healthy Zucchini Oat Muffins are made with two whole grains, freshly-grated zucchini, and not-too-much sweetener. Make them ahead for easy, healthy weekday morning breakfasts or lunchbox treats.
1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup zucchini
1/2 cup oats, dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin well.
- Peel and grate zucchini.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt. Use a whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture an add the egg, syrup or honey, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until the mixture just comes together (don’t over mix). Add the zucchini and oats and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a few additional oats on eat muffin if desired.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin pan and serve warm, at room temperature.
You may also like
Love Island's Millie Court hints at new romance with cryptic date night snap
Boy with eczema so bad he had to be wrapped up like mummy finally finds cure on doorstep
Gabriel opens up on Bukayo Saka training ground struggles in Arsenal admission
Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean announces separation from wife after 18 years together
Posts division: Tata may not have to make changes