Easy Vegan Soba Noodles Stir Fry with Curried Tofu makes a great weeknight meal. The noodles are packed with nutritious veggies and tofu and tossed in a spicy ginger sauce!
This dish gets done in 30 minutes or less and is vegan and dairy-free.This soba noodles recipe is really easy to make and it gets done in less than 30 minutes! I actually set a timer when I was making this just to see how quickly I can get this done and I was able to do everything starting from the boiling the noodles to getting the meal on the table in less than 30 minutes!
3 tablespoons soy sauce or use tamari for gluten-free
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1.5 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 teaspoons sriracha or any hot sauce of choice
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 oz extra-firm tofu cubed
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 oz soba noodles 227 grams
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 stalk celery chopped, (single stick/rib of celery)
2 medium carrots sliced
3 stalks green onion chopped
1 large red bell pepper sliced
15 snow peas
1.5 tablespoons sesame seeds
* Start by boiling the water as per instructions on the package to boil the noodles. Add noodles once water comes to a boil and then cook the noodles as per time given on the packet.
* Drain the noodles once done. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Add a teaspoon of oil to the noodles and mix to prevent them from sticking and set aside.
* While the noodles are boiling, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a pan of medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu cubes along with the curry powder, salt and ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
* Cook the tofu for 3 to 4 minutes until brown from both the sides. Set it aside.
* In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients listed under sauce - soy sauce, rice vinegar, coconut sugar, sriracha, ground black pepper and salt. Mix it well and set it aside.
* Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a wok on high heat. Once the oil is really hot, add grated ginger and chopped celery and fry for 15 to 20 seconds until ginger starts to change color.
* Then add the carrot, green onion, red bell pepper and snow peas and cook for 30 seconds. Veggies are cooked on high heat for few seconds, they should remain crunchy.
* Add the prepared sauce and toss the veggies with the sauce for few seconds.
* Then add in the curried tofu to the wok and mix well.
* Stir in the boiled soba noodles. Lower the heat to medium-low.
* Toss well until the noodles are well coated with the sauce and the veggies.
* Sprinkle sesame seeds and mix. Serve hot.