Sweet Potato Curry made in the Instant Pot! Flavorful, vegan and so good with those roasted cashews on top.Its just the perfect curry for a quick weeknight meal. This Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry has so much flavor that its little hard to believe that it was done in the Instant Pot. I mean complex flavors take little time to develop but this recipe just hits it out of the ball park.
1 tablespoon oil I used avocado oil
3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
1.5 inch ginger finely chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
1 small white onion sliced
14 oz can coconut milk may use light, I used full-fat
2 tablespoons red curry paste make sure its vegetarian
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce optional
1/4 teaspoon garam masala optional
1/4-1/2 cup water
2 medium sweet potatoes 400 grams, cubed into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces
2 cups chopped kale/spinach/mixed greens
2-3 tablespoons broken cashews roasted
juice of 1 lemon or lime
cilantro to garnish
* Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add the chopped garlic, ginger, jalapeño along with the sliced onions. Cook for 3 minutes stirring often until onions are softened.
* Meanwhile in a bowl whisk together coconut milk with red curry paste. Once the onions are done, add the coconut milk + red curry paste mixture to the instant pot and mix. You may use light coconut milk here.
* Add curry powder, smoked paprika, salt, brown sugar, soy sauce (optional) and garam masala if using. Mix until everything is well combined.
* Now add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water to the pot and stir.
Stir in the diced sweet potatoes. Remember to dice them 1-1.5 inches, else they will turn very mushy.
* Close the pot with its lid. Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
* Open the pot and press the saute button. Add the chopped greens and stir.
* Let the curry simmer for couple of minutes. Add roasted cashews and mix. Also add the lemon/lime juice.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve the sweet potato curry with brown rice.