Pineapple Sandesh is a popular Bengali sweet. This is healthy and delicious dessert and a great dessert for sophisticated people and so easy to make.
4 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp fine sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom
6 slice pineapple canned
2 Tbsp sliced pistachios for garnishing
- Making paneer: Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- As the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice gradually and stir the milk gently. The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well.
- Making Sandesh: Once the paneer is drained, place on a dry, clean surface and knead the paneer until the paneer is almost rolls into smooth soft dough.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder into the paneer and knead the paneer again until sugar is mixed well.
Now this paneer known Sandesh.
- Spread the pineapple slices on a dry surface and pat dry using the muslin cloth or paper towel.
- Spread the Sandesh covering the pineapple slices evenly and garnish with slice pistachios. I prefer cutting them in four.
- Refrigerate the Sandesh for about 1 hours before serving. Pineapple Sandesh taste best when it is served chilled and refrigerating the Sandesh also helps to set over pineapple.