This carnitas omelette is a delicious way to bring the best Mexican flavors to the breakfast table. It’s filled with tender pork carnitas, slightly caramelized fajita veggies, and topped with (you guessed it) guacamole, sour cream, and a sprinkle of cilantro. It was a quick and easy throw-together recipe with some leftover fajita veggies. But boy did this turn out so good. Heck, I’d even say this is Sunday brunch worthy to impress your guests. And when you dip each bite into a pile of guacamole and sour cream, it really takes it over the top.
1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or oil
3 large eggs
1/2 cup carnitas
1/3 cup fajita veggies
Optional toppings: guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and cheese
* In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk the eggs.
* In a 10-inch non-stick pan, heat the butter or oil over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and make sure they're evenly spread out, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Add a lid and cook the eggs for about 2 minutes, or until the top is no longer runny.
* Add the cooked crispy carnitas and fajita veggies onto half of the omelette.
* Use a spatula to fold the other half on top and slide the omelette onto a plate.
* Garnish the omelette with guacamole, sour cream and your favorite toppings.