Cabbage Chilla is a savory Indian pancake that is made using gram flour along with some added spices and finely chopped cabbage.
This cabbage besan chilla is simple to make and very nutritious. These chillas are protein-rich, vegan, and gluten-free and are prepared using minimal ingredients that are easily available at home.
Being low in glycemic index and rich in complex carbs these chillas are diabetic friendly and perfect for weight watchers.
A perfect snack option for diabetics and for people who are on a weight loss journey. Just use very little oil while preparing by using a non-stick pan.
1 cup finely chopped Cabbage
1/2 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
1 teaspoon finely chopped Green Chilies
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 teaspoon Carrom Seeds (Ajwain seeds)
2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Optional)
1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- In a deep bowl add the above ingredients except for oil & water. Mix well. Check the seasoning.
- Now add half a cup of water little by little and mix well.
- The batter consistency should be of a dosa batter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet, and grease with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it lightly using the back of the spoon.
- Cook the cabbage chilla on a medium flame. No need to cover.
- Drizzle oil on the edges and cook till they are golden brown from both sides.
- This batter will make approximately 7 medium size cabbage besan chillas.
- Serve hot with green mint chutney, Garlic Chutney, Coconut Chutney, or tomato ketchup.