Lauki Paratha / Doodhi thepla is a simple yet healthy and delicious paratha. Usually Bottle gourd / lauki is used to make different types of curries and snacks but this paratha is different and equally delicious. It is quite easy to make and you need just some pickle or yogurt to serve along this lauli thepla.
Making lauki paratha is quite easy. First of all you have to choose a young tender lauki . If lauki is mature and have hard seeds then scoop out the seeds before grating it. The seeds will ruin the taste and texture of the lauki paratha.
1.5 Bottle Gourd / Lauki grated
2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
1/4 cup Gram flour / Besan
2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
1/3 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
1.5 tbsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
To taste Salt
1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
1.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
2 tbsp Yogurt
* Peel and grate the bottle gourd ,discard the hard mature seeds.
* In a bowl take wheat flour and gram flour and all the spices and mix well.
* Now add the grated lauki , yogurt , oil and mix well.
* Now add little water if needed , some times the lauki releases enough water so you don't need any extra water to make the dough.
* Make a medium stiff dough ,cover and rest for 5 minutes.
* Make equal sized balls from the dough .
* Take a dough ball ,dust with dry flour and roll to make medium thin roti.
* Heat a tawa / gridlle put the rolled paratha over it and cook from both sides on medium heat.
* Now apply a tsp oil or ghee and roast by pressing gently with a spatula till nice golden spots appear on top.
* Repeat the same with other side of paratha.
* When get roasted from both the sides then remove from the tawa and serve hot.
* Serve with any tangy curry of your choice , raita or pickle.