Try bacon and eggs for dinner in Italian spaghetti carbonara! This Italian dish is super quick and easy to make – it’s done in just 20 minutes. Plus, we’ve made a few simple changes to help make this yummy dish good for you too! Growing up, spaghetti carbonara was a dinner we all loved. Though delicious, these simple parmesan, egg, and bacon noodles are traditionally not the healthiest. So we didn’t have them very often and they were a special treat.
8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 slice turkey bacon
5 clove garlic
1 cup green peas, frozen
4 large egg
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoon water
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of noodle water to use later.Drain noodles and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to keep them from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, chop bacon into small strips and then saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- After cooked to your liking, add minced garlic and peas. Keep on the heat for a few minutes, until peas have partially thawed.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of reserved noodle water.
- Add noodles and egg-parmesan mixture to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Make sure noodles are evenly coated and keep on the heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, to ensure egg mixture is cooked.
- Serve with extra fresh parmesan on top and salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like
20 new UK restaurants given Michelin award for 'delicious but budget' food
Five nourishing foods to eat on rainy days
Check out these 6 low-carb Navratri fasting dishes for Chaitra Navratri 2023
UAE: 8 ways to celebrate Mother's Day on March 21
French Asian Cuisine: Vetro at The Oberoi, Mumbai hosts Michelin Star Chef Olivier Jean curated menu