This honey garlic shrimp is undoubtedly a dinner favorite! Juicy shrimp are coated in a savory-sweet n’ garlicky glaze. And the best part? It’s done in about 20 minutes! Trust me when I say this honey garlic shrimp hits all the right spots for a top tier shrimp recipe. It’s cooked in the best savory-sweet glaze, satisfies your seafood fix for the week, and yes, it falls under my favorite dinner category of 30-minutes or less, fuss-free meals!
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup tamari soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or parsley
1 green onion, thinly sliced
* In a small bowl, stir together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
* Place the shrimp into a separate bowl and pour 1/3 of the sauce on top. Toss to coat the shrimp, then marinate for 15-20 minutes.
* Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp (discarding any leftover marinade) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until pink and just barely cooked through.
* Pour the remaining 2/3 sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring with the shrimp as it slightly reduces and warms through, for about a minute.
* Turn off the heat, stir in the cilantro or parsley, and top with sliced green onions before serving.