Churi ka paratha or korme ka partha is a specialty from Rajasthan. I leaned this from a Marwadi friend of mine who is an amazing cook. As Rajasthan happens to be a dry state so they use lots of gram flour, sun dried vegetable and lentil in their cuisine. They made so many types of delicious kadhi and curries with the use of gram flour and lentil or lentil flours.
Different varieties of parathas and poori’s are also made regularly using gram flour/besan ,papad and lentils and served with curd and pickles. The lentil parathas are so healthy and delicious that there will be absolutely no need of any vegetable as side dish.
50 gm Yellow Lentil / Moong Daal
200 gm Wheat flour/ Multigrain aata
3 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tsp Fennel Seeds/ Saunf
2 tbsp Chili flakes/ Kuti laal Mirch
2 tsp Whole Coriander/ Dhaniya Kuta Crushed
1/3 Turmeric/ Haldi
2 Green Chili/hari mirch
1/4 cup dhaniya
enough ghee or oil
* Wash and soak moong daal in ebnough water for 20 minutes.
Soak moong daal ka korma in enough water for 15 minutes
* Take a big wide bowl and add the soaked daal or korma ,wheat flour ,all the spices ,3 tbsp oil, chopped green chili and fresh coriander
* Add water and make a mdium soft dough , cover with a lid and let it rest for 15 minutes.
* Make equal size balls from the dough and keep aside ,covered with a moist cloth.
* Take a dough ball ,dust with dry flour and roll to make a thin chapati.
* Heat a tawa /griddle and put the rolled paratha over it and dry roast from both the sides on medium heat.
* Then apply some oil or ghee and roast from both side by pressing with a spatula till nice golden in colour.
* Remove from the tawa and serve hot.
* Surving suggestion- serve with dahi ki aloo, aam ki launji or with any tangy pickle or chutney.