Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars made with simple ingredients makes a great after school snack. These bars are vegan and can be made gluten-free and refined-sugar free.
These bars have a oats and almond flour crust which is sweetened with dates and then they are filled with swirls of peanut butter and homemade raspberry puree. So pretty!
1 cup rolled oats 100 grams, use gluten-free if needed
1/2 cup almond flour 45 grams
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
8 medjool dates pitted and sliced
3.5 tablespoons coconut oil melted
3/4 cup raspberry jam or fresh raspberry puree or use any other jelly or jam
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter slightly melted
* Line a 8 x 8 inch square pan with aluminium foil.
* Spray with a non-stick spray and set it aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees.
* To a food processor add oats, almond flour and salt. Then add the pitted dates.
* Add the coconut oil and pulse the mixture in your food processor until the mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
* Press the mixture firmly into the pan, using the back of a measuring cup or any glass to make it really compact.
* Bake the crust in a pre-heated oven at 350 F degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.
* Take the crust out of oven once baked, let it cool for 2 to 3 minutes and then pour over the raspberry puree/jam. Spread the jam all over the crust using a spatula or knife.
* Then drop dollops of peanut butter (should be slightly melted) on top of the jam. Use a toothpick to create a swirl effect.
* Return pan to the oven and bake for another 17 to 19 minutes at 350 F degrees.
* Take the bars out of oven and let them cool. Then cover and refrigerate for few hours before cutting into squares.
* Enjoy these Vegan Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars with a glass of milk.