If you are a fan of Natural Tender Coconut Ice Cream, well then here’s the good news – you can easily make it at home!
Super simple recipe which requires no ice cream maker and is a breeze to put together. Natural is a popular ice cream chain in India. I had there ice cream for the very first time while visiting my friend in Mumbai. There ice creams are made from real ingredients, aren’t too sweet and what I love most about them is that you can actually taste the flavor of the fruit.
1.5 cups chopped tender coconut meat divided
1/2 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup tender coconut water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
14 oz can condensed milk
1/8 teaspoon coconut extract optional
* To a blender, add 1 cup of chopped tender coconut meat, coconut milk and tender coconut water. Blend to a smooth paste.
* Place your mixing bowl and beater in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before you beat the cream. To a large bowl, add cold heavy cream.
* Using your hand mixer or wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer, beat cream until it forms firm peaks. Be careful not to over-beat.
* Add the prepared coconut paste to the whipped cream. Fold with gentle strokes, in one direction.
* Stir in the condensed milk and mix until combined. I used the entire 14 oz can of condensed milk for this recipe. If you want it less sweet, reserve around 1/4 cup. Again, fold in gently and not vigorously.
* Lastly add the remaining 1/2 cup of the chopped coconut to the ice cream base and fold gently.
* Pour ice cream into freezer safe container and freeze the ice cream until set, around 6 to 8 hours.
* Once the tender coconut ice cream is set, scoop it out and enjoy.