Easy Strawberry Cake made with basic pantry ingredients.Lightly sweetened and topped with powdered sugar, this cake is so amazing with coffee.This Easy Strawberry Cake is so simple and so easy and yet tastes amazing. It just needed a dusting of powdered sugar and it was good to go.
1.5 cups all purpose flour 195 grams
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated white sugar 150 grams
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil I used canola, may use olive or vegetable oil
3/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt
3/4 cup chopped strawberries 5 oz
5 oz strawberries cut into halves
1.5 tablespoons turbinado sugar
powdered sugar for serving
* Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 8 inch round pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
* In a bowl whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
* Using your stand or hand mixer, beat egg with sugar at high speed for around 4 minutes, until the mixture becomes very light in color.
* Add in the vanilla extract, oil, yogurt and mix until combined.
* Start adding the flour mix. Add it in 2 parts, mixing after each addition.
* Mix until the flour is just combined and do not over-mix.
* Fold in the 3/4 cup chopped strawberries (5 oz) into the batter.
* Transfer batter to the prepared 8-inch round cake pan. Top with the remaining 5 oz strawberry halves.
* Press the halves slightly so that they are dipped into the batter.
* Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top. Bake the cake at 350 F degrees for around 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Take the cake out of the oven and transfer it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
* Dust this easy strawberry cake with powdered sugar and enjoy a slice with chai or coffee.