Ever wondered why the phrase “say cheese” is used just before a photograph is clicked? Simply because ‘cheese’ makes one smile! Not only the word but cheese as a food makes a lot of palates happy.
Cheese grated 1 cup
Potatoes boiled and peeled 3 large
Bread crumbs 1 cup
Sago (sabudana) soaked 2 tablespoons
Onion finely chopped 1 medium
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
Coriander powder optional 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala optional 1/2 teaspoon
Oil to deep fry
* Mash the potatoes, add one fourth cup bread crumbs, sago, onion, salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder and chaat masala and mix well.
* Divide the potato mixture into twelve small balls, flatten them and stuff cheese in the centre and shape into tikkis.
* Coat the tikkis with the remaining bread crumbs.
* Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the tikkis till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
* Serve hot with tomato or green chutney.