Methi tomato poori is a very healthy and nutritious recipe. This can be a good lunch box option or tea time snack. This has a nice twist of taste and it is nice and crispy.
2 cups Wheat flour
1 cup Methi leaves / Fenugreek leaves
2/3 cup Tomato puree (A little more than 1/2 cup)
Salt to taste
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
1/4 tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds
Oil for frying
* Wash methi really good and chop it finely.
* Take 3 medium size tomatoes and wash them.
* Cut tomatoes and blend in mixer to make puree.
* Stain the tomato puree so that the seeds if any will be removed.
* Take wheat flour into a bowl.
* Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, ajwain and mix dry ingredients well. Add methi leaves and mix well.
* Add a little tomato puree at a time and knead thick dough.
* After adding all tomato puree and a little water at a time and knead thick dough.
* Cover and rest the dough for about 15-20 minutes.
* Take the rested dough and knead it once more.
* Take small portion of dough and make these smooth and even.
* Take a dough ball and add a little oil on the rolling board.
* Roll a poori from the dough ball with the help of rolling pin.
* The poori should be neither too thick nor too thin. It should have medium consistency.
* Heat up oil in a pan on high heat.
* When oil is enough hot lower down the heat to low to medium.
* Drop poori into hot oil.
* Fry the poori well from both sides.
* Take the poori out of oil, drain excess oil and transfer it into a dish.
* Methi tomato poori is already.
* You can make paratha for the same dough if you don’t want to make poori.