This Strawberry Colada Smoothie is perfect for summer, it offers that flavor that reminds of you being in the tropics, soaking up the sun on a warm sandy beach somewhere. We all love Pina Coladas but have you tried blending some strawberry into the mix? Well you should, starting with these nutritious smoothies!
8 oz fresh strawberries , chilled, hulled
1 ripe banana , peeled and frozen
1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
1 (5.3 oz) container coconut Greek yogurt
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (the kind found in the dairy isle)*
* Pulse strawberries in a food processor until well pureed.
* To a blender add banana, pineapple, coconut Greek yogurt and 1 1/4 cups coconut milk. Pulse until well blended, adding an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk as needed.
* Spoon pineapple mixture into glasses filling about 1/3 full then add a spoonful or two of the strawberry mixture, swirl lightly with a butter knife then repeat twice more. Serve immediately.
* Alternately, all ingredients can be blended together in a blender versus processing strawberries separately.
* Light canned coconut milk can also be substitute just blend 1:1 with water.