Sharad Purnima or Kojagiri Purnima holds a great significance in Hinduism. The harvest festival is celebrated in the Hindu month of Ashvin, which falls in the Gregorian months of September or October. It is believed that on this night moon showers elixir of life on Earth through its beams. There is a tradition of preparing kheer on Sharad Purnima. The kheer is kept under the moonlight throughout the night so that the elixir showered from the moon is absorbed by the kheer. The next day the kheer is distributed as prasad. So wait no more and check out this kheer recipe to try on Sharad Purnima.
1 cup moong dal,
2 cup water,
1 cup milk,
sugar (as required),
* Soak moong dal in water.
* Heat ghee in a pan. Add cardamom and saute it.
* Add moong dal and water. Stir until it is cooked properly. Take it off heat.
* Heat another pan. Add ghee and add above prepared moong dal paste.
* Add sugar (as required), cardamom powder and milk. Cook it on a low flame and stir well.
* Take it off heat and garnish it with dry fruits.