The Peach Fizz is a cocktail that goes down easy. It’s just peach and lemon with a little bit of sweeteners and some soda water to liven it up.
But simple is often the best way to go. It’s mellow and just a little bit sweet and tart, so it’s one of those drinks that always sounds pretty good.
2 white peaches, stoned, finely chopped
1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
Thinly sliced peach, extra, to serve
Raspberries, to serve
1/2 cup (125ml) gin (optional)
Crushed ice, to serve
1.25L chilled sparkling lemon or lime mineral water
Mint leaves, to serve
* Combine chopped peach, lime juice and sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
* Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until peach is very tender. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender.
* Blend until smooth. Place in the fridge to chill.
* Divide extra peach and raspberries among serving glasses.
* Combine peach puree and gin, if using, in a jug. Pour evenly among the glasses.
* Top with ice, mineral water and mint. (If not using gin, add extra mineral water or soda water.)