It is that time of the year when one of the important festivals of Muslims, Eid-ul-Adha or Bakrid, will be celebrated by the followers throughout the world. It's a day to remember Allah, and wish for love and prosperity for your loves ones. Eid-ul-Adha or Bakrid is celebrated at the end of Hajj, which is an annual pilgrimage to Mecca which people practicing Islam are required to embark on atleast once in their lifetime.
Bakrid, also called the Sacrifice Feast, celebartes Prophet Ibrahim's undying faith in Allah. The story behind the festival is that once Allah asked Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his dearest thing to prove his love and faith for God. Being a devotee, Prophet Ibrahim decided to sacrifice his only son who was dearest to him. But when Prophet was about to perform the sacrifice, the son was replaced with a goat by God. The story conveys that when a devotee obeys God's commands, he is in turn taken care of by the supreme power- Allah.
As the name suggests, Bakrid is celebrated by sacrificing a male goat on this day. The meat is then divided into three portions and shared with relatives, friends and neighbours; donated to the poor; and prepared into scrumptious dishes for the entire family.
On this festive day, here are some unique quotes and messages to wish Eid-ul-Adha or Bakrid to send to your friends and family. This Eid, spread the love and prayers with everyone!
1. May this Bakrid bring happiness, love and Allah's blessings… Eid Mubarak from our family to yours.
2. May God’s blessings and kindness be with you and your family, always! Eid Mubarak!
3. This Eid-ul-Adha, may Allah’s blessings bring happiness, peace, and prosperity in your life. Eid Mubarak to you and your family!
4. Today is the day to pray, remember Allah, spread love, and celebrate with our loved ones. Eid Mubarak to you!
5. I wish you Allah's blessings. Eid Mubarak!
6. I hope your life to be as spicy as biryani and sweet as sevaiyan. Eid Mubarak!
7. May Allah accept your sacrifice and fulfill your desires in life. Wishing you a very happy Eid!
8. Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant.” [7:199]
9. Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us,
and he is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).
10. And the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues. Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward [al Ahzaab 33:35]
11. And whomsoever Allah guides, there is none that can mislead him. [39:37]
12. Verily, we are Allàh’s and verily to Him shall we return. (Holy Quran – 2:156)
13. Except for those who are patient and do righteous deeds; those will have forgiveness and great reward. (Al-Qur’an 11:11)
14. He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise. [59:24]
15. Make Allah your everything and you’ll have nothing to lose.
(All images: Shutterstock)