Hero Image

After June 4, Congress to blame Kharge for loss: Amit Shah

SHIMLA: Union home minister Amit Shah said on Saturday he was confident NDA would achieve its "400 paar" target, and that Congress would blame EVMs for its defeat in Lok Sabha elections and pin the responsibility on its national president, Mallikarjun Kharge, leading to his resignation.

Addressing public meetings in Hamirpur and Kangra Lok Sabha seats in Himachal Pradesh on Saturday, Shah claimed BJP has secured 310 seats in the first five phases. "But the goal of crossing 400 seats... this responsibility lies with the people voting in the seventh phase, particularly with Himachal Pradesh," he said, adding that Congress would get less than 40 seats.

Shah accused Congress of keeping the Ram Mandir hanging for 70 years, saying Modi , in just five years, not only initiated the construction of the temple but also performed the "Pran Pratishtha" of Ram Lalla. Slamming the Gandhis, Shah said Rahul and his sister Priyanka Gandhi came to Shimla for vacations but did not attend the consecration ceremony in Ayodhya because they "feared their vote bank, the Rohingya infiltrators". The public of Himachal will not accept such individuals, he added.

He pointed out that since the era of Indira Gandhi, retired soldiers from Himachal and those serving have been demanding one rank, one pension (OROP), yet their pleas went unheard. He said that upon assuming office, Modi promptly allocated Rs 1,20,000 crore to the accounts of soldiers.

"Previously, slogans advocating for freedom echoed in Kashmir, but now those in POK express a desire to join India. The change is because of Modi-ji's governance," he said, adding tourists were earlier hesitant to visit Kashmir but around 2.1 crore people have now visited the state.

Slamming Rahul for "spreading misconceptions" about the Agnipath scheme, Shah said in Dharamshala that since he (Rahul) had become a leader, many radical changes had been taking place in the country's politics.

Shah said earlier political parties used to present real issues by twisting them, but never made falsehood an issue. "However, Rahul has started this new tradition of making a false matter an issue, and one of the best examples of this is the Agnipath yojana," he added.

Shah said a misconception was being spread across the country regarding the Agnipath scheme, that after four years, 75% of Agniveers would be left with no future and their lives would be ruined. "But, as per the scheme, if 100 soldiers become Agniveers, then 25% of them will get direct permanent postings in the Army. For the remaining 75%, all BJP-ruled state govts have made 10-20% reservation in their police forces. Also, 10% reservation has been made in the paramilitary forces of the central govt," Shah said.