The State government promoted 12 Gujarat Administrative Service (GAS) officials to IAS cadre on Tuesday which includes three Deputy Municipal Commissioners of AMC - K L Bachani, M N Gadhvi and R K Mehta. The promotions were made after consultation with the Union government to fill up vacancies arising between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
IAS officer on central deputation upgraded to special secy rank
Gujarat cadre IAS officer of 1987 batch Raj Kumar, who's on central deputation as Director General, Employees' State Insurance Corporation, Ministry of Labour and Employment, was upgraded to the rank of special secretary by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). He is one of the 13 officers of the 1987 batch approved for in-situ upgradation by temporarily upgrading the posts held by them.
GAS officials promoted to IAS
1. B G Prajapati, Resident Additional Collector, Patan
2. D D Kapadiya, Secretary, Sports Authority of Gujarat, Gandhinagar
3. D A Shah, Additional Collector, Gandhinagar
4. K L Bachani, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, AMC
5. K N Shah, OSD in Chief Minister’s Office
6. T Y Bhatt - Additional Superintendent, Office of the Superintendent of Stamps and Inspector General of Registration, Gandhinagar
7. G S Parmar, Project Administrator, Banaskantha
8. M N Gadhvi, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, AMC
9. N A Ninama, Project Administrator, Mahisagar
10. H J Desai, Deputy Commissioner, Grievance redressal, Ahmedabad
11. R K Mehta, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, AMC
12. K D Lakhani, Director, District Rural Devpt Agency, Kheda-Nadiad