Kim Kardashian attacked by Jameela Jamil for promoting 'Appetite Suppressant' lollipops
Kim Kardashian recent post about “appetite suppressant lollipops” faced rage from actress-radio presenter Jameela Jamil.
Kim on Tuesday shared a now-deleted photograph of herself sucking on a Flat Tummy Co lollipop ― which she described as “literally unreal.”
Her 111 million followers on Instagram criticized Kim in the comments for promoting “such an unhealthy approach to weight loss.”
“This is disgusting,” wrote one. “Your fans are going to be seeing this and thinking that this is how to get your body. Eating is good for you, stop convincing people to literally starve themselves of food to get a flat tummy.”
“The Good Place” star Jamil attacked Kim on Twitter, describing her as a “terrible and toxic influence on young girls” and telling her to “f*** off.”
“I admire their mother’s branding capabilities, she is an exploitative but innovative genius,” wrote Jamil. “However, this family makes me feel actual despair over what women are reduced to.”
Other people on Twitter supported Jameela Jamil, condemning the message Kardashian appeared to be sending:
Flat Tummy Co’s website says its lollipops contain “satiereal” (an extract of saffron stigma, which it claims “helps control food intake, cravings and weight) and are “designed to help you suppress your appetite.”
“So with 1-2 pops per day, you’ll have your hunger under control and cravings in-check,” promises the company.
- Yummy! Sprinkles Cupcakes is creating mini versions of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding cake
- Countdown begins: 10 adorable bridesmaids and page boys announced for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding
- Cannes 2018: Victoria’s Secret star Georgia Fowler flashes bare breasts in stunning semi-lacy sheer dress
- Cannes 2018: Victoria’s Secret model Sara Sampaio faces wardrobe malfunction; very close from flashing her breast
- Cannes 2018: Winnie Harlow is killing it in silver 'liquid mercury' dress at red carpet