DRDO UAV crashes in farmland in Karnataka, none injured
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) belonging to the Defence Research and Development Organisation crashed during a trial in an agriculture field in Chitradurga district on Tuesday, a video of which has gone viral.
However, no casualties were reported.
The incident created quite a scare at Jodi Chillenahalli village as a loud noise was heard after the drone crashed.
Soon, large number of people gathered at the spot.
Confirming the incident, Chitradurga Superintendent of Police Arun K told PTI that the UAV crashed in the arecanut farm this morning, but no one was injured.
Videos of the broken UAV went viral on the social media.
According to state government officials, the testing of aerial vehicle called 'Rustom-2' was in progress when the incident occurred.
When contacted, a DRDO official declined to comment on it.
- Varanasi: To mark PM Modi's birthday, fan offers 1.25 kg gold crown at Sankat Mochan Temple
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli wishes PM Modi on his 69th birthday in three languages
- IMD predicts heavy rainfall in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, UP
- Kerala: Transport Minister Saseendran writes to Nitin Gadkari over hefty traffic fines
- PM Modi Birthday: Did you know Narendra Modi worked as a child volunteer for Congress event?