Top News
Next Story
NewsPoint

Monsoon withdraws from state

Send Push
The Times Of India
11th October, 2019 04:08 IST

Jaipur: The withdrawal of south west monsoon began on Thursday wherein precipitation activity at majority of the places in Rajasthan was almost negligible. Jaipur met office said that with the wind changing its direction and the humidity levels dipping, in next couple of days, the mercury will further dip. Udaipur remained the coolest in the state where a minimum temperature of 18.5 degree Celsius was recorded, the met reports said.

Attributing the vanishing of monsoon and rainfall activity to the active upper air cyclonic circulation and change of winds, Jaipur met office said monsoon has already withdrawn from 75 per cent of the state and will withdraw from the rest 25 per cent in the next two days. “South west monsoon has withdrawn from Sawai Madhopur, Jalore, Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Churu, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Nagaur, Jhunjhunu, Sikar, Alwar, Jaipur, Dausa, Bharatpur, Dholpur districts (14 districts) and parts of Barmer, Jalore, Pali, Ajmer, Tonk, Sawai Madhopur and Karauli districts (seven districts). Conditions are becoming favourable for withdrawal of monsoon from remaining parts of north west India during next 1-2 days,” said a met report.

Explore more on Newspoint
Loving Newspoint? Download the app now