Uttar Pradesh: Wanted criminal arrested in Ghaziabad
A criminal, carrying a bounty of Rs 25,000 on his head, was arrested following an encounter with police in Ghaziabad's Indirapuram on Saturday.
Rashid, a native of Bulandshahr district, is wanted in more than a dozen cases, the police said.
The encounter took place on Saturday evening when the police tried to intercept Rashid, who was on a motorcycle.
The criminal opened fire at the policemen and tried to escape, but suffered a leg injury in retaliatory firing. He was admitted to a hospital.
One policeman was also injured in the incident and was taken to a hospital.
- UP: Over 70,000 litres of kerosene oil seized from godown in Meerut
- Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath, his cabinet to attend class on 'Leadership Development' at IIM-Lucknow
- Country has lost exceptional lawyer, iconic figure with Ram Jethmalani's demise: PM Modi
- Modi's ministers to present 100-day report card
- Noted jurist Ram Jethmalani passes away